Jeera Powder TRS
Cumin is an herb that many associate with Mexican and Spanish foods, but it is also widely used in Middle Eastern and Indian cooking.
It is considered a good source of Iron, Manganese, and other vitamins and minerals. Some research shows that it may stimulate the production of pancreatic enzymes and help digestion.
Cumin seeds, whose scientific name is Cuminum cyminum, are an excellent source of iron, a mineral that plays many vital roles in the body.
Cumin is a great supplement for any diet, as Eastern cultures have known for thousands of years. Cumin is high in iron and manganese, supplying seven and three percent respectively of the recommended daily value. It also supplies our bodies with calcium, many vitamins and fiber. Cumin is said to prevent gas, reduce muscle spasms, clear jaundice and stop diarrhea amongst other things. It may also strengthen bones, lower blood sugar and reduce seizures.
A Few Quick Serving Ideas:
- The combination of cumin, black pepper and honey is considered to be an aphrodisiac in certain middle Eastern countries. Whether or not this potion will actually inspire Cupid's arrows, it is certainly a tasty combination that can be used to flavor vegetables, chicken and fish dishes.
- Make a cup of warming and soothing cumin tea by boiling seeds in water and then letting them steep for 8-10 minutes.
- As the taste of cumin is a great complement to the hearty flavor of legumes such as lentils, garbanzo beans and black beans, add this spice when preparing a recipe with these foods.
- Take plain brown rice and magically give it special flavour by adding cumin seeds, dried apricots and almonds.
- Seasoning healthy sautéed vegetables with cumin will give them a North African flair.
TRS Jeera Powder has an aromatic, penetrating flavour, and is the main ingredient in most indian dishes. It can also be dry roasted and sprinkled over yoghurt Raita to give a lovely flavour and taste.