TRS Chilli powder extra hot is ground from the finest and most pungent red chillis. It has a hot flavour and enhances other ingredients and the dish as a whole.
This spice can rev up your metabolism, ease indigestion, and even fend off garden pests.
Main Name: Chilli Powder
Biological Name:Capsicum annum
Names in other languages: Lal Mirch Powder (Hindi), Milagay (Tamil), Mulaku (Malayalam), Mirapa kaya (Telugu), Marcha (Gujarati), Lanka, Lankamorich (Bengali), Mirchi (Marathi), Lanka (Oriya), Lalmirch (Urdu & Punjabi).
Whether its soups, stews, sauces, curries, marinades, enchiladas, casseroles or dry rubs for meats, chili powder has a significant position in all culinary preparations. So much so, it is easily incorporated even into the healthy and tempting burgers and pizzas. A powdered form of dried, ground chilli peppers, chili powder produces different seasonings and is named depending upon the type of chili pepper used, say cayenne pepper. Besides true chili powder, you can find chili powder blend, made from a perfect mixture of cumin, salt, black pepper, paprika, cinnamon, oregano or garlic powder. Since this rich, colorful spice adds a piquant and flavorful taste to any delicacy, it is widely used in Indian dishes, Tex-Mex recipes, Chinese cuisines and Thai foods. Just a dash or two of chili powder can kick up the taste of your palate! Chilli pepper is a fruit pod from a plant belonging to the Capsicum annum species and a member of the nightshade family of Solanaceae, which also includes tomato, aubergine, tobacco and others. Apart from the burning sensation and fiery hotness that chili powder provides to the dishes, it is also a powerhouse of tremendous medicinal and health benefiting properties.
Warning: Do not consume uncooked.
Storage: Once opened we recommend the transfer of the product to an airtight container. This will retain freshness and flavour and store in a cool dry place.
Benefits of Chilli Powder - when taken in moderation
Health Benefits of Chilli Powder
- Chilli powder contains sufficient amount of vitamin A which fulfills one’s daily intake. Besides, it contributes to the maintenance of eyesight and takes care of bones, teeth, skin, internal membranes and reproductive systems.
- Chilli powder acts as an excellent antioxidant due to the presence of vitamin C in abundance. Vitamin C is essential for strengthening the immune system, healing injuries, and fighting against damage caused by free radicals which can otherwise increase the chances of developing harmful health conditions, like cancer and heart disease.
- With beta carotenoids present in chili powder, they wipe out the radical bodies that can promote build-up of cholesterol, thereby leading to major heart diseases, like atherosclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.
- By acting as a detoxifier, chili powder helps in eliminating waste products from the body and increases the supply of nutrients to the tissues.
- Chili powder stimulates the release of endorphins that act as natural pain killers; thus, relieving pain caused due to shingles, bursitis, diabetic neuropathy and muscles spasm in shoulders, and extremities.
- Chilli powder enhances the flow of fresh blood to the site of infections. This fresh blood fights against the infection while the leukocytes and white blood cells battle against the viruses.
- Vitamin C, beta-carotene and folic acid in chili powder combine to reduce the risk of colon cancer. Furthermore, the cartonoid lycopene present in chili powder provides protection against various types of cancer.
- Vitamin B6, present in chilli powder, is known for lowering high homocysteine levels that can cause damage to blood vessels and hence increase the risk of contracting heart attacks and stroke.
- By enhancing the metabolism rates, chili powder brings relief to nasal congestion and opens lung airways; thus, reducing the symptoms of asthma and wheezing. To add on, chili powder lessens the effects of chronic congestion amongst heavy drinkers.
- With vitamin A present in abundance, chilli powder lowers inflammation of lungs and emphysema, which occurs due to cigarette smoking that contains benzopyrene. This is known for eliminating vitamin A from the body.
- Some other health benefits associated with consumption of chilli powder include soothing stomach aches, inducing perspiration in hot climates to cool the skin, reducing triglycerides, relieving congestion and stuffiness, killing bacteria leading to stomach ulcers, enhancing blood circulation, alleviating fever, promoting weight loss, stimulating saliva production and treating headaches, sore throats and toothaches.