Tate & Lyle Caster Sugar 1kg
Кристална захар, ढलाईकार चीनी
Manufacturer: Tate Lyle. Pure Cane Sugar. Fine crystals blend easily for perfect baking and meringues. Caster sugar, sometimes called castor sugar and also referred to as superfine or berry sugar, is a fine-grain sugar historically popular in Great Britain. It's superfine nature allows it to dissolve quickly in to water, although it can also be used as a substitute for other forms of sugar, depending on the recipe.
Caster sugar is made by crushing and sifting granulated white sugar, and is also called fine granulated sugar. It’s an essential ingredient in desserts and pastries. It is used to make cakes and dessert pastry and mixtures (shortcrust, sugar crust, choux, brioche, waffle and pancake) and creams (custard, confectioner’s custard, ice-cream), desserts with cream (custard tart, charlotte, bavarois, etc.) and dairy products (yoghurts, fromage blanc, etc.), and countless classic desserts. It’s also great in sweet and sour recipes.
1) It’s the world’s worst kept secret: caster is perfect for sweetening dairy products!
2) To obtain a white, frothy mixture when adding sugar to egg yolks, use caster sugar. By sprinking the sugar gradually over the egg yolks, it dissolves more quickly and doesn’t stick together. It’s perfect for making sponge cakes and custards.
3) Caster sugar is a favourite in regional dishes (including flognarde, kouign aman, clafoutis and kouglof), traditional desserts (éclairs, pound cake, madeleine, saint-émilion, logs, etc. ) and countless rich, melt-in-the-mouth cakes.
4) Caster sugar works like a dream in cream-based desserts, ice-creams and granitas.
5) Sweet soufflés and omelettes enjoy greater body and consistency with a little sugar. To give more flavour to cold drinks such as milk shakes, lemon juices or sangria, caster sugar is perfect because it dissolves immediately, whatever the temperature of the drink.